Food in a jar is very popular right now. This recipe is simple, very versatile and requires no cooking. The contents can be eaten with a fork or scooped out onto a lettuce, tortilla, wrap or paleo wrap.
Original recipe – SkinnyMs.
- Half-pint jars (optional: small plastic cups, covered plastic bowls)
- Spoons for scooping ingredients into jars
- 1/4 cup
Skinny Burrito in a Jar
Layered burrito/taco ingredients
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup quinoa cooked, optional seasoning
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt optional: sour cream
- Layer ingredients in order.
This recipe was prepared by Scott at Low-Carb Lunches . We used a pre-cooked and seasoned packet of quinoa to speed up the process and make it quicker for lunch preparation. A simpler quinoa without the heavy sauce/seasoning would probably have been better. Leftover quinoa you have made yourself would be the best option.