I thought it would be a good time to have a meeting and try a few meals together since I’m researching new ideas for low-carb, easy to take lunches. My plan is to select a few lunches that use some of the same ingredients to keep cost and preparation to a minimum yet still include variety. This is what I would like to do myself for a week’s worth of lunches and quick supers.
- 6-6:15 – Make a few super quick low-carb snacks to eat while to have our prep meeting and while cooking. Draw assignments as you arrive.
- Celery, jicama & cherry tomatoes
- Parmesan crisps
- 6:15-6:30 – Prep meeting
- Discuss recipes, ingredients and variations.
- Split up tasks and recipes.
- 6:30-7:15 – Prep and cook recipes.
- Remember to share info as you go and ask others to look while you do key steps.
- 7:15 – 7:40 – Begin tasting and discussion
- Make spring rolls
- How did cooking go for each recipe?
- What would you do different?
- What did you like and not like? Any surprises?
- Any new variations?
- What are your favorite healthy snacks?
- 7:40-8:00 – Healthy Eating Discussion
- Discuss low-carb & other healthy choices we are attempting to follow.
- What methods are we using to stick to the healthy plan?
- Is there anything you would like to learn more about?
- 8:00-8:30 – Planning for future meetings
- Skinny Burrito in a Jar (Scott)
- Paleo Tortillas & lettuce wraps (Kathy Jo)
- Bacon Lettuce Tomato (BLT) Spring Roll with Sesame-Soy Dipping Sauce (Ken & Robin)
- Chicken Salad variations – Thai (Angie & Jeff) – Grape & Almonds – Curry (Seth)
- Grilled Chicken and Blueberry Salad (Kim)
- Grapes for dessert (Nolan)
- 50+ Delicious Recipes That Effortlessly Cut Carbs
- 24 Crazy Delicious Recipes That Are Super Low-Carb
- 23 Delicious Low-Carb Lunches To Bring To Work
- 21 Clean Lunches in Under 10 Minutes
- Paleo Lunchbox Ideas
- Bread substitutions:
- Pasta substitutions:
- Cous Cous
- Cauliflower “rice”
- Spaghetti squash
Recipes that didn’t make the cut for this meeting but we may want to use for a Low-Carb Lunch part 2
- Shrimp & Cauliflower Salad
- Shawarma Chicken Bowls with Basil-Lemon Vinaigrette
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Mediterranean Chicken Lettuce Wrap Tacos
- Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Chicken platter – Grilled chicken breast, peach half, cottage cheese, tomato slice (inspiration from Jeannie’s Dinner)
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Fancy Fruit Desserts
- Spaghetti Squash Quiche
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Lynnette, Robin, Angie, Seth, Kathy Jo, Scott, Ken, Jeff & Kim
- Cost $8/each. I bought a few convenience items which ran the cost up some, but I felt like lunch is a lot about convenience and if it takes too long to prepare, we’ll eat out instead. We can discuss at meeting.
Post a comment below if you have any ideas or input. Reservations required by Tuesday on Facebook event page or in comments here.