Original recipe found in Chris Kressor's The Better Than Paleo Cookbook.
Lebanese Cauliflower Omelet
A hint of cinnamon gives this simple oven-baked omelet an exotic twist.
- 5 whole eggs preferably free-range, organic
- 1 tbsp fat traditional fat of choice - coconut oil, lard, bacon grease, butter
- 3/4 cup coconut milk unsweetened of course
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups califlower raw, grated
- 1/3 cups onion finely chopped
- 2 whole green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsely chopped
- to taste Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt fat in baking dish in the oven.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and coconut milk together thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. When fat has melted, pour egg mixture into hot dish and bake for 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Cut into squares and garnish with chopped parsley and green onions.
The original recipe listed servings 2-3, but depending on the rest of your menu and appetite, serving 4 seems more appropriate. Variations could include substituting other vegetables or the addition of a little cheese.