Classic Swiss Fondue
- 1 clove garlic halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups Gruyere cheese shredded
- 2 cups Emmentaler cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tbsp kirsch
- dash white pepper
- 1 loaf French Bread or gluten free foccacia bread cut in cubes
- 1 head califlower cut in pieces
- 2 whole apples cut in pieces
- 1/2 lb salami sliced
- Rub inside of fondue pot with cut garlic clove.
- Pour in wine and lemon juice; cook over medium heat until bubbly. Turn heat to low and gradually stir in cheeses with a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl blend cornstarch with kirsch. Blend into cheese and continue to cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is thick and smooth. Do not allow fondue to boil.
- Season with white pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve with bread cubes, cauliflower, apples, and salami.
Will serve more than 4 people if served as an appetizer with other food.