Seared Beef Tenderloin Mini Sandwiches with Mustard-Horseradish Sauce
These mini sandwiches are a great beef tenderloin appetizer. Serving beef tenderloin as an appetizer is an elegant, yet budget-friendly way to enjoy a pricey cut of meat. We had these at our first organizational meeting on November 30, 2013. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/seared-beef-tenderloin-mini-sandwiches-with-mustard-horseradish-sauce-10000000833356/
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon minced
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 pound beef tenderloin trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper freshly ground
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 3 cups watercress 1 bunch trimmed
- 8 ounce French bread baguette cut diagonally into 12 slices
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese shaved
- Combine first 4 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Cover and chill.
- Secure beef at 2-inch intervals with twine. Sprinkle beef with pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; cook 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning frequently. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into 16 slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Arrange watercress evenly on bread slices. Place 1 beef slice and about 1 tablespoon chilled sauce over each bread slice. Arrange capers and cheese evenly over sauce.