Event: Tapas with Rhonda & Robin
Fried Herbed Almonds
These crunchy thyme-flecked nuts are delicious served with sherry and slices of Manchego cheese.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- cups whole blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp thyme fresh, leaves
- coarse salt
- pepper freshly ground
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add almonds, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in thyme leaves. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a rimmed baking sheet, and let cool completely.
- Almonds can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Angie followed recipe as is at our Tapas with Rhonda & Robin cooking meeting. The almonds were even better the next day.