Chicken salad is so easy to make at home and you can make it to taste and with so many variations it’ll be hard to get tired of it. Use your imagination. There is no need to measure your ingredients since a little too much or too little will just vary the taste and consistency.
- Small bowl
- Large spoon
- Additional spoons to scoop out ingredients (don’t contaminate your jars)
This recipe was prepared by Seth at Low-Carb Lunches. He made a green grape and slice almond variation and an onion and curry variation after making the base chicken salad using avocado oil.
Basic Chicken Salad with Variations
- 4 cups Cooked Chicken shred or cube
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise or yogurt or oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil or other oil such as avocado oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Seasoning or herbs
- Additions of your choice
Mix all ingredients together.
Using a pre-cooked deli rotisserie chicken saves a lot of time but you can use leftover chicken or cook chicken specifically for your chicken salad.
- Grape & sliced almonds
- Apple & Walnut