We have not made these for a meeting, but the crepes are very similar to the Paleo Tortillas Kathy Jo made during our Low-Carb Lunches meeting.
Blueberry Paleo Crepes
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon ghee or melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen (thawed and drained)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/8 cup honey
- Whisk eggs, ghee and water in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and beat well to combine.
- Pour 1/4 of the batter in an 8" skillet over medium heat and immediately swirl the batter to evenly coat the bottom.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side then transfer to plate.
Filling & topping
- Warm cream cheese in the microwave but don't get it hot.
- Wash fresh blueberries or thaw and drain if you are using frozen. The microwave can be used to warm slightly.
- Spread cream cheese across the center 1/3 of each of the four crepes. Now add the blueberries on top of that.
- Roll crepes and place two on each plate. Sprinkle with toasted almond slices and drizzle with honey.
- Try a different fruit.
- Add powdered sugar to cream cheese for extra sweetness.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Toast the almonds.